Letter #02: A Mother’s Worth

It’s not many words in the world more powerful than “mother.” Those six letters can bring joy, just like they bring pain. It can invoke excitement just as quickly as it can anger, depending on the context, I guess. For myself, it means more than I can ever possibly describe, but I will try. I associate the term with immeasurable strength, beautiful patience and infinite wisdom.

You can probably already tell, but the main reason for this letter is to pay tribute to every positive matriarch on Mother’s Day. In my eyes, that day is 365 days a year, but I understand the significance of the holiday. The love between a mother and her offspring is hands down the most beautiful thing God created. More than money, more than fame, more than cars. You know why? Because true love is the only thing that lasts from the moment you’re born to the second you perish. To all the mothers who read this letter, I hope this day allows you to feel the love and respect you so rightfully deserve. You are the role models, not me.

To the mothers of my beautiful children, there remains nothing but love, adoration and respect coming from my heart. Even with the mistakes I’ve made in my life, you give me reason to smile in a place where they attempt to break your spirit each day the sun rises. I love my babies with all my heart. And the fact you brought them into this world only gives me more and more motivation to write these words. Happy Mother’s Day.

Last but not least, my own mother, Ms. Cita. You are my heart and you are my soul. Please don’t ever forget that. We’ve been through everything one could possibly imagine together. With each obstacle that has come our way, you have handled it with the grace and dignity I can only hope to mimic. Even writing this, it’s tough to come to grips with the fact I cannot spend this special day with you. Like you always preached, a man must accept his own actions – good and bad – and learn from them. And that’s what I’m doing. Mom, I love you more than you will ever know. Probably more than I love my own self. Enjoy Mother’s Day because you deserve it. Also, find comfort knowing your son loves you and misses you like crazy.

To everyone, again, I cannot stress this enough, thank you so, so much for the support. My spirits are sky high thanks to you all. It makes the day pass faster knowing people out there care about you and want you to do well. I pray the letters keep coming in at the volume they are right now, especially the overseas ones. They let me know life still does move on, even if I forget at times. I just ask that you all keep the letters to one page. And keep sending the pictures, too. Some of you are talented beyond belief with the drawings and paintings.

I’ll go ahead and end the letter here, but again Happy Mother’s Day to each and every lady who has raised/is raising her kids the best way possible. Take care. God bless. Live life. Show love.

I can trust my loving Savior
When I fear the world’s alarms;
There’s no safer place of resting
Than His everlasting arms

___________________________________________

I would love to thank the following fans:

Saraya Mabrey – Thanx for the love & for attending all my shows.

John Hoffman – thanx for the kind words

Sonovia McPhee – Thanx for holding my hand + you haven’t lost a friend, you’ve found one in me…

Liana Washington – Yes, I’m getting my arnold on

Susan Riler – Thanx for the support Wifey

S.Nicol Bell – Thanx for the respect & for really listening

Esther Oladele, Anita Abayome & Co – (I love ya’ll too in my best english accent)

Luisa Sulsona - you’re nervous but you wrote 7 pages, thanx baby

Anna Hundy Golden aka Miss Cousin – run baby run. thank you

Josiah Temple – Thanx for the love but your eternity is more important. Trust me

Chelsea from Pittsburgh – I honestly couldn’t read your letter from your handwriting. sorry but thanx anyway

Shae Carr – Don’t cry baby

Illya Mitchell – thanx & sorry about your pops

Lindsey Watson – thanx for the luv & carter V is coming soon, yes I’ll be touring & Sorry I only sleep at my house

Emily Ness – thanz for your absolute love & support and knowing all my songs. You’re a true fan. And the sky isn’t the limit, there are footprints on the moon.

Raven Smith aka Ray Simone – thanx for the real love. I’m honored to know I helped you in anyway and the tat in the mouth would be simply fucking awesome & yes I smiled and Laughed while reading your letter.

Jordan Rando – Your words were as motivated as my own. Thank you & I hope that party shuts down!

Ysabella Espinoza – Thanx for the support babe. Thanx for wearing the shirt & attending the show.

Chris Austin – thanx for the love, i’ll let Lil Twist know that I read your letter. Much love 2 the dream team

Ms Carrie Yates – thank you for the words & tears, My new gal pal

Shaniya Duncan – thanx for the words & yes that was me int he episode & don’t worry an alien is cool!

Allison Holley – thank you – your profession is ultimate

Zohal Amir – thanx for the love & support since “hardball”! and you’re a cutie

Joshua Andrews – thanx for the strong words & shout out to the westbank!

Joelle Bryson – you are beautiful in every way I want to meet you. Write back with a #

Samantha Madrid – sorry about granny. there is no secret. Just live & smile. Pain helps the strength of the smile. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Adam Hosford – thanx for the amazing words for attending my show. I be back!

Jacquette Vencie – your words were intelligent yet funny. made me think & laugh & I want 2 meet you as well, & yes I’ll take it easy. By the way, that’s an Aries symbol on the right side of my face.

Ms. Amber Upton – thanx for attending my show & for finding time to write me. I bet your kid is amazing & thanks for the compliment. I hope your fam is fine now.

Tia Wunder – thank you babe. And I hope you kill’em in softball field. Go Tia!

Erica Lynn “Mrs Carter Campbell” – I luv the envelope & what your idea the F is for.

Daniel Wykowski – Write about you babe – be you!

Chris Melchor – thank you & I hope 2 meet you too someday. Tell moms she should listen too! And I hope you never get tired of me.

Samantha Hutcherson – I hope I keep poppin up in your dreams babe & you should still be head over-hills for me

K. Foxx (Hot97) – You are truly a beautiful woman inside and out. Thank you for always remaining positive. Tune is Tuned in to you in the morning.

1,033 Comments to “Letter #02: A Mother’s Worth”

1. Leah says:

CALL ME AT 770 985 7167 SOO I CAN CUSS OUT ALL YOU FUCKIN DICK RIDING FANS ! FUCK LIL WAYNE TO THE MAX ;; CALL ME BITCHESS

2. Leah says:

CALL ME MY NAME IS BRANDON SHIRLEY

3. stan says:

glad you back weezy, and pray u neva have such exprnc again…

4. shakiara says:

ur hme so go ham on the rap game cuz we missed u.

5. Ashley James says:

-wayne ! i’m so happy you’re out ! I hope you continue to make music and keep doing you regardless ! don’t leave me again .

6. Cashh says:

whoever tht “Leah” person is can qo do somthinq inappropriate to themselves for sayinq all tht neqative bull abt weezy!

7. Kim Diaz says:

wish you the best in life…..cause my baby does not need to be locked up like that

8. Phelicia says:

The best rapper alive is now free Im o happy I got some new mix tapes to look foward eventhough I have over 3000 lil wayne song but you can never get enough Weezy I’m just saying!

9. Cartanya Randolph says:

I am so happy you are home I cant wait until you put new fresh stuff out now And I would like you to come to woodbridge,va and do a 2011 bike calendar shoot with bike club please go to my facebook ryderz bike or email me ryderz-4-life@hotmail.com to get info with me ok. cant wait until the hottest songs come out for stay out of trouble please you have kids and your fans and me that look up to you ok peace out

10. blck cherry says:

Hey weezy! I thank god that you are out safely,and now you can see your family and fans….get back on your grind! Stay focused and positive..much luv!
    Cherry.

11. Delores says:

Im truly happy your out and i wish you and your family all the best. Hope to see u soon down in MIA.

12. Yo weezy I can’t wait to buy your new. Album young money till the world ends glad to havez u bakk loved the sing steady mobbin,finale and many morez

13. thanx you wayne you proved 2 be 1 of tha best rappers alive from tha beginning i listen 2 you every day you eminem,tupac,biggie,and jay-z.thank you thnx god yyou r out of jail.keep gettin yo rockstar,and rapstar swagg on grown man keep doin you

14. Trisha says:

I LUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVV UUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im ur BIGGEST fan EVEEEEEEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!! ih mi gosh i luv All ur songzzzzzz. =D =D =D =D

15. Trisha says:

so glad ur bak! n cant wait ta buy ur new album =D

16. RAVEN says:

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE A FREE MAN!!!

17. Adanna says:

I missed you <3 welcome home Weezy :)

18. Edgar gonzalez says:

Wats poppin, Yo man, how you duin man. Man I was wondering if u can make me a big favor. Well to say first i am a 11 year old who goes at Henry W. Longfellow. Well what I want to do is fly me to Miami. I will not waste ur time promise. Yo I’m probably the best rapper who can freestyle and it makes sence way I say. Yo you should try me. My dream is to me in YOUNG MONEY an meet you Wayne. Ive listen to your songs ever since I was 7. I live in d town (Dallas). Same as Lil Twist. But even thought other kids tell me at first I can’t rap coz I’m white. But them I battle a black dude no racis. And I won I am looking forward to going wit the best raper there is in the school. But please leave a reply I promise not to waste it time. One time I all I need. See ya lata.

19. Therese Grindle says:

Weezy, you know that no matter what happens to you, your support system will only get bigger and become stronger. We are all here for you and I hope my prayers to God allowed you to remain safe and keep you from going crazy in there. With much love and respect,

a fan & friend,

Therese Grindle

20. dalila says:

DEAR WEEZY, IM GLAD YOU BACK BABY! IM JUST SAYING YOUR WORDS ARE POWERFUL TO ME AND YOU CHANGED MY LIFE. YOU TAUGHT ME TO BE STRONG AND TO FUK PEOPLE WHO HATE ON ME! THANK YOU FOR THAT. I CRY EVERYTIME I HEAR YOUR NAME AND READ ONE OF YOUR LETTERS BECASUE YOUR THE MOST AMAZING MAN AND FATHER TO YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR FANS, I HOPE YOU WRITE BACK AND P.S IM GETTING A TATTOO OF YOU IM ONLY 15 AND IM GETTING IT NEXT YEAR ON MY B-DAY IM SO EXCITED. I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. NOW GO PARTY YOUR F*CKIN ASS OFF!

21. matt says:

weezy you are the king<3 and your lyrics, are the greatest of all time:) i'll never forget them..and even when you die, your music will live on<3i love you lil wayne

22. Carmen Henegan says:

I am so happy that you are released, God bless your heart and soul. You’re charater has always been judge by people who didn’t understand, but Dwayne I understand and so does million of your wonderful fans. you have a beautiful mind, and im so happy that you express your emotions and your thoughts within your music, as soon as you start rapping i feel your voice and the strenght within it. you truely are a work of art! God bless … one of your #1 fans love you.

23. Kimberly says:

Im So Glad Weezy’s Bck More Good Music Ayyeee
    ILY Weezy
    xoxo Kimberly Ur # 1 Fan, Best Wishes To U nd Ur Family.

nd Whoever Tht Leah Bitch Is STFU U Dumb Hoe !!

24. Desi says:

Man Weezy F B luv u till I die u r my biggest fan and thanks for ur inspirational words to all the mom’s raising their kids the best way possible. Welcome, Welcome Hommmmmmmmme.

25. Lydia Porter says:

Wayne,
    Its pretty cool your out. I bet your pretty excited to be home with the family, cause I know thats the one thing I would look forward to. I really wanted to be one of the thousand fans that wrote you, but I never got the chance to… so srry about that. But I say just keep doing what your doing and you will always have these kinds of fans to back you up!! love you wayne!!

26. Morgan Martin says:

Im Really Happy That Your Wout Weezy. You Honestly Dont Know How Much I Love You. I Get Told All The Time That Your Not Good,Or I Shouldnt Listen To Your Music. Simply Because The Choices You Have Made In Your Life. But What The People Who Say The Things To Me Dont Understand Is; I Love You No Matter What. I Love You Because Your Not Afraid To Be Different, You Can Sing/Rap Your Heart Out And The People Who Say You Arnt A Good Person Dont Understand Why You Do The Things You Do. They Dont Understand That Your Probably One Of The Most Amazing People In The World. My Heart And Prayers Go Out To You & Your Family.. I Love You Weezy. Your The Best Baby! Your Number One Fan* -Morgaan.

27. yo wayne you should sign Mr. cheeks and get back to Making songs with dipset

28. Josh Mills says:

yo weezzy welcome back! the game is dead without the hardest working man who makes his men the hardest working men as well I have a suggestion I remember you doing a shout out to Nelly I was thinking with the stuff he does and the great things you do and yall both being from the south you should make a song called country boyz courses Like we country boys the underdog boys fuck it because we getting money boys toast to the country boyz

29. Josh Mills says:

yoyo whats poppin one More thing Drake should make a song called keep getting better featuring you Tyga wiz Khalif, Lupe fiasco, Juelz santana and Nicki Minaj produced By kanye west courses Im gonna keep getting better, Im not stopping what Im doing Im on top I where the crown you cant stop Me Im not coming down….. Hard

30. Shalynn Warrick says:

yooo Wayne! I freaking love you with all my heart and more. your music means everything to me. I listen to it 24/7. without it, I wouldn’t be who I am now. I love music all around, but yours is something else. it’s amazzziinnnng and so are you. I’m so glad you are out of jail and back out in the real world. for Christmas I’m redoing my room in all of you! my room theme will be Weezy! hahahh awesome right? please come to California so I can go to one of your concerts! it would mean the world to me. anywhere close to Clovis, California :) I think I’ve said enough. peace Weezy, I love you <3

31. Meghan Papaleo says:

Ahhh, Im sooo happy your outt<3 I dont think I will ever stop listening to your musicc<3 I bought a shirt that said "Free Weezy" and I made these converse that said "Weezyyyy<33" Nextt time you have a consert in New York Im definately goingg(:
    Well I think I'm done for noww.
    I lovee you<33

32. Sevoo says:

Weezy, ive been waiting for a long time for you to get out, and it is now the time that ur out! Will be looking forward for ur mixtapes and coming-up albums, i missed yo man!! Greetings from the netherlands;)

33. Nicole says:

If anyone wants to text about…anything;) hit me up. (i like hot guys) haha 1-203-912-4420. NO CREEPS please.

34. Momo says:

ah lil Wayne I am very glad that you came out of prison.tu’re the rapper of the century I am one of your biggest fan

35. chris says:

I am mesmerized by the level of intelligence this guy has……just the way he puts words together mesmerizes me…kudos to him…

36. Lexie says:

I thank God your out weezy, just keep the faith and always try your best to stay out of trouble.I LOVE YOU WEEZY!!.BLESS

37. Lexie says:

Waa gwaan weezy,I hope that one day I can meet you,you are my inspiration and I love you soooooooooooo much,thank god your out.BLESS.

38. MEKA says:

THANX WEEZY FOR THOSE WRDS DAT U SAID ABOUT US MOTHER’S. IM A MOTHER OF THREE BEAUTIFUL KIDZ. IM GLAD DAT U R FREE AN STAY FOCUS AN MAY GOD BLESS U AN UR FAMILY AN HAVE A BLESS DAY :)

39. EngGirl says:

Beautiful words! Thank you

40. Teonna says:

Wayneee! I love you so much and I want to just say yhat the thought of you dedicating somethog like that to mothere is amazing, considering im a 19 year old mother. continue to do what you do and make your fans (me) happy ♥

41. Bee says:

Weezy I know that was hell on u and I’ma little late on this but congrats on getting out dude. Hopefully u ain’t gotta go back no more been in a couple times myself not as long but I still no the feeling of helplessness and not being able to hold my kids and missing my family. Just the whole situation is depressing and drains you of your entire life.
    All the Best,
    Bee

42. felisa logan says:

mi name is felisa logan and i have a son that is trying to get in the music field and i think he is great at what he does are there any pointers you can give us for him he has a studio and hes back there day and night i sometimes have to go get him to eat i think he is gifted in that field he can write and rap. our family has dealt with a tragic situation last year and he has not been able to focus on school but it made him a beast in his music so i told him you have to take the good from a bad situation and make the best of it i just read your letter and thought that was great thank you for the mother reconigtion but my mothers day was not so good my oldest son got sentenced to life and we are know waiting on a appeal but God has the last say so

43. David says:

Yo Weezy i can’t help that you bump up all the states man. You da best rapper I know.. My favorite song is Walk it Off.. Killed man. Me an my bro write raps an bust out words like its nothin. We get lil to much crunk. Send some stuff to me some time.

44. starr jayy says:

Wayne u need to get to bakersfield ca faaayst we wuv u soo f-in much u will always have my support. Oyahh u killed 106&park on new years well muuuahh glad ur out keep yo feet down an yo head up

45. ArMuShIk says:

deeeeeeeeeeem you are very very coooooooooool reper reali mi xosqov verjn es lilssssssssssss ))))

46. Jamar says:

shout out to Lil tunechi
    like them i lucil ball
    stuntin like my daddy
    rollin up like the red carpet
    cause my favorite color is red

47. chasady "earthly" jones says:

ay that edgar gonzalas boi sounds adorable i think dwayne should really check him out i love new artist and i know im not alone and i fricken love wayne with a passion i wuz so mad at my mom when she ripped up my poster its so hard to get wayne shyt in this small ass town called louisville ky i cant wait to move back to cali where waynes shyt is abundant i love you dwayne #realtalk

48. blackmouth says:

weezy is dynamic,weezy is real,dont bother abouut the next man but your realness breaks thru with strenght to an undefine soul…

49. R.E.A.L says:

Yo wayne, am one of ur biggest fan holla 4rm 9jah in w africa hopin wen u ll come 2 nigeria

50. Mr.Thomas23 says:

wayne niga u da best boss keep it up
    #ZOO