TSC: The Tricks of the Trade

The Tricks of the Trade
by Dwayne Carter

Oh Lebron! The recent move by the Miami Heat confirms that we will someday soon have that good ole basketball back with all due respect to the Lakers-Celtics 7 game series. This move reminds me of the days when it was Johnson, Worthy, and Jabbar vs. Bird, Parrish, and McHale, or Thomas, Dumars, and Lambeer. Well now we have Bryant, Gasol, Bynum, and Pierce, Allen, Garnett, and ultimately, Wade, Bosh, and James! Do expect this to become “protocol” to win an NBA title. As for many more teams have and will be stacking their rosters with stars.

I believe that this Miami team will be explosive as intended. Anything less than an NBA championship title will be uncivilized. 72-10 anybody?. Well with Wade at the 1 and Lebron at the 2 or vice versa even, or Mario Chalmers at the 1, Wade at the 2, and Bron at the 3… Wow! Not to mention that I didn’t mention Bosh, who can live at the 4 or 5. Zone defense will be a must against this team. That’s 3 players on the court that commands a double team. Just imagine those guys on a fast break, the defender back peadaling… Wade can take it to the hole or throw it up and you know Bron. Bron is going to get it… or dish it back to a trailing Chris Bosh who will definitely finish at the rim… again, wow! Or how about Wade at the 3-point line, Bosh setting the pick, and Lebron in the passing lane. And if you collapse on them, don’t forget that Chalmers can knock down the shot. I bet that they lead the league in alley-oops. And they’re all young! Scary! Hey, what if Pat Riley returns to the sidelines and it ends up being the Lakers vs. Heat in the finals? Riley vs. Jackson! Epic! Gasol on Bosh, Ron-Ron on Bron-Bron, and Kobe on Wade… wow!

Also, beware of the Bulls. Boozer will fit in well because they’re similar to Utah in many ways. A nice guard surrounded by the shooters. With the addiction of Korrer and Rose should be able to shine brighter. The Bulls led the league in the rebounds last season and I’m sure they will again with Boozer and Noah.

Boston is the team of bad knees! With J. O’neal joining the squad, it adds another big man but his knees are always questionable. So is Garnett’s and now Perkins. But still expect them to do well in the east.

The Knicks are injury prone as well. Not only are their spirits injured from not getting The King, but Amare’s an injury threat as well as Turiaf and Randolph. If they can stay healthy, then expect Amare and Randolph to be beasts in the paint. Raymond Felton is no Steve Nash but he’s a solid point guard. He should do well with Stoudemire. I’m not sure about Orlando in the east this upcoming season. I mean Duhon isn’t exactly a good move but it has potential.

As for the West, Minnesota is stacked now with Beasley, Jefferson, Love, and Milicic. Golden State looks good with Curry and Lee. Though I’m not sure if we can expect Lee to brab all these boards in the west. Too many big men. As for the east is full of guards.

I can’t wait to see how teams stack up next season when those other big name players hit the market. Maybe Melo and Tony Parker to the Knicks? Or Chris Paul and Derrin Williams to the Lakers? They’re gonna have to do something! Good ole basketball.

The Tricks of the Trade.

686 Comments to “TSC: The Tricks of the Trade”

1. Sean says:

Please free tunechi!! give him mad good time or somethin, we need more of that hot shit that weezy makes called music, may be the best to EVER do it. He mutilates anything hes on from freestyle to rock. i notice the other day that my whole ipod is full of young money shit, its by far the best rap label full of great artists. even the young ones are killin it harder than most these days! SHOUT OUT LIL TWIST & LIL CHUCKEE. keep doin yall thang, and weezy keep ya head high! you ll be out sooner than later, also not soon enough though, i know how time goes in there.

2. lamar yancy says:

i never thought i would be giving lil wayne some advice i don’t know your routine in there but i’ve come with up some ideas of some things to do to make your time go by or better anyway i know you read and i just started reading myself i was reading this book called infinite jest by David M Wallace the author who killed himself or whatever brillant book long and good i have not finished it this should keep you busy and distracted from everything else going on now far as music goes i got you covered as of right now one of my favorite albums that i’m listening to right now is odd blood from the band yeasayer pretty good material good stuff now if your just having a bad day which i have almost everyday and like to shut the whole world off then i recommend a band called the dears this band made my life a little bit easier and changed the way i write music or short stories anyway this band is from montreal the lead singer is black his name is murray lightburn he’s a genius they’re supposed to be coming out with a new record all their albums are great “no cites left” is my favorite, anything by interpol is good to listen to , bloc party never disappoint what else another band from new york grizzly bear pretty good folky indie music jay-z happens to like this band also i mean i go on and on about music i’m what you call a music nerd i get happy when buy a new cd now as far as hip hop i’m from saint louis they love you down here the style of hip hop not my cup of tea i’ve been trying to get the new game mixtape brake lights with dj skee from the flea market for two weeks now nobody seems to know what the hell i’m talking about but of course they had that 1,000 grams mixtape by young jezzy and that just came out this past thursday st.louis they be sleeping on alot of music but overall eminems recovery is doing it for me right now i like drakes album i like the j coles mixtape i think he’s got next um m.i.a. new album i can’t stop listening to she’s awesome not a lady gaga fan yeah the new kanye west video i’m not feeling it not getting it i guess he’s trying to say he has too much power if anybody has too much power that would be wall street and congress now tv shows im just going to bang these out true blood , entourage, mad men, boondocks , now i discovered a new show on a adult swim called delocated about this family thats in a witness protection program they all wear ski masks and the father talks in that monster electronic robotic voice pretty funny well thats all i have stay humble and thankful you have people outhere that love you and love what you do hopefully i’ll have that one day so far behind its to hard to catch up to myself it was a pleasure writing this hope you read it

3. Weezy I hope your days will start to speed up, I don’t how it feels to be locked down but I have a son incarerated like he tell me I’m being sucker free so stay strong and we looking forward to you coming back even though it don’t seem like you are gone anywhere…..GOD BLESS

4. Lorele G. says:

I just read some letters that u have sent out and i love reading what you have to say about sports. You are so intelligent on so many levels its unreal to me. You speak so well in interviews to some of the hardest people to talk to. Its just amazing. Anyway i hope that time goes by as fast as possible. The world needs alot more people like Mr.Dwayne Carter in it. So hurry up do your time so that you and your family can put this all behind you. i’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers always!! by the way my 4 year old son Jordan Rae *JRae* loves you also! Keep your head up and keep on keeping us posted. i enjoy reading it and knowing that your staying positive.

Much Love
    Lorelei and Jordan

5. Raymond F says:

FREE WEEZY.
    God Bless you Dwayne! Make jail a positive experience and you’ll be out in no time.
    Weezy4Life

6. Demi says:

god bless your beautiful soul. i never knew you were so into sports! stay strong weezy we love you.

7. melanie Delaney says:

What it is Weezy? Any who My name is Melanie and just wanted to encourage the LA brotha Weezy while incarcerated. Stay encouraged and prayerful.(For you and your fam. God would want you to.) Peace and love from the Louisiana by way of Georgia sis Melanie.

8. Brad says:

A inner contemplation or lack ova brain stuck in my own mental retardation feelin pain every beat my heart pumps the blood to my vein i hurt an realize my life is one fucked up game lookin at my soul no pilot flame cursed or blessed too much confidence to witness shame i heard the skys the limit but my footsteps on the moon full of spirit prayin everyday i blow up an they hear it my metaphorical nukes are lethal im not tryin to say im your equal or beyond you in anyway i just want out this slump in anyway

9. Rachel Mecklenburg says:

weezy is bout to be free!!!

10. Dawn says:

Weezy… Just wanted to say keep ya head up shortie.Keep doing you, stay focused and keep ya head above them waters. Your facing a storm however, after the storm their’s always sunshine! Can’t wait for you to release some new underground tracks,I need that right now. Your music keeps me in a zone which contributes to me grinding harder.Build your mental cause sooner then later ya be on top of the game again! They can’t keep you down forever!:)

11. jack walsh says:

wats up wayne keep doinwat you do bro so how you keepinn in there

12. jack walsh says:

all your fans miss yyou nd appriated everythin you did for us over the years listen to your music all the time

13. TINA says:

HEY WEEZY JUS WANTED TO SAY I LOVED DA LAST ENTRY YHU POSTED YHU ARE A SWEETHEART AND I KANT WAIT TIL YHU GET OUT SO WE KAN SEE YHU ON TV AGAIN I MISSED YHU AT THE BET 2010 AWARDS ALOT… BUT YHU WILL BE DERE NEXT YR AND ALL NO WORRIES AND ALL I HOPE YHU ATTEND THE HIP HOPE AWARDS THEY HAVE DIS YR AND ALL SWEETY….I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE MUSIC FRM YHU AND EVERYTHING I AM ANXIOUS AND CANT WAIT I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YAH IN PERSON AND EVERYTHING WEEZY I HOPE TO ATTEND THE NEXT CONCERT THAT YHU HAVE N VA NEXT TYME YHU COME THRU AND ALL MUCH LOVE AND KEEP YAH HEAD UP AND STAY BLESSED AND ALWAYS PUT GOD FIRST AND REMEMBER HE WILL NEVA LEAVE YAH NOR FORSAKE YAH LOVE BE EZ AND GOD BLESS YAH AND YAH FAM

14. briibabii says:

Lil wayne! when i found out you were going to jail i didnt know what to think. i was pissed. i listen to you all day everyday. any song that has you in it, i listen to. i love your music and the things you say. if it wasnt for you, i probably would never listen to music. you are a big inspiration to me. my biggest dream since i was little and first heard you was to meet you or to at least go to one of your concerts and have VIP passes or something. i pray everyday for you to come to arizona and i be able to see you. i wear free weezy shirts almost everyday. have you been thinking of new songs while your in there? and is it true that you dont ever write your lyrics down, you just memorize them? And is it actually possible to send you letters in jail? please answer my questions. i love you dwayne<3. -bribaby

15. Cliff Collins says:

wayne is a freaking genius i havent heard any of that on espn he should be on there every week like fareal this dont make any since i just got crunk reading this in class lol YOUNG MONEY!!!!

16. Kimberley says:

“Beautiful black woman, I bet that b*tch look better red”

Wayne. Did you say this in your new song? So, how do you think Reginae would feel about that? Or your mother? How about all of your beautiful black women fans? Huh? How do you think they will feel? When are you going to cease with the trashing and objectifying of beautiful black women in your lyrics? And, I was a fan….til I heard the above lyric. I’m done. Deuces.

17. RICHARD S says:

WEEZY U MOTIVATE DAWGS LIKE US UR MIND IS SO DEEP THANK YOU 4 SAYIN WAT I HAVE YET TO BE ABLE TO SAY 100 BRO

18. Blake says:

I HATE HOW MCNABB LEFT PHILIDELPHIA!!!!!! But we still got vick so it’s still kinds good altho he dont play much

19. TINA says:

hey wayne i jus wanted to hit yhu up n let yah knw i love yah and i am anxous to see u get out and everything and def lookin forward to seeing yah on 106 n park…. and i want yhu to knw yhu are a beautiful person and i think yhu are a wonderful father…. and son and i love yah music and i look forward to yhu droppin another album when yhu get out and everything….and ….no matter what ne one says about yhu wayne yhu are a great rapper and i love how real yhu are and how honest yhu are in yhur lyrics and words alot of ppl kant handle that… and evrything but they will be okay kause yhu are gonna be wayne reguardless of them and all i love yah wayne and God bless yhu and keep yah head up sweetheart… yhu will be walkin out of dere soon enough… love… mauhz xoxox

20. chika says:

i love you!
    i hope you come to Okinawa Japan one day!!

21. amina says:

ilove you and lebron to

22. Daniel says:

What up Weezy… Can’t wait ’till you get out… Waiting for the new Album ” I’m Not A Human Being” to be released… God Bless… FREE WEEZY!!!!!!!!!

23. steve says:

keep ya head up weezy! i kno jails wack as hell but keep your head up. and keep writing these things about sports! i like this article you did on the nba. how bout some football stuff? i am not a human being will be sick! comming sooon. make the best of your situation.

one love!

24. Stephaniee says:

iLoveYouuWezzy ! Cant wait until your out. Your dahh greatest

25. Alex S says:

Whats up Weezy,my name is Alex and im from CO (303 all day ha!) I been following Cash Money and your career since u came out I still listen to Tha Block Is Hot to this day. Its sad that u been gone for a min but that dont change my view about you @ all! Because of your work ethic, drive and hunger i got into music and even improved aspects of myself to better myself so I wanted to say THANK YOU and keep ya head up we cant wait to welcome u home, hopefully I’ll get to learn from personally YOUNG MOOLAH BABY

26. jose (bloo) says:

yo wayne waht up, just wanted to say your a HUGE inspiration and a big influence in my life your music gets me through the day in one piece,just listenin to ya songs if im down gets me happy if im mad it cheers me up it just helps me get by, i hope ya doin good in there man, FREE WEEZY.!!!

27. Wayne, I love and admire you as a man and your music. keep your head up.

28. Matt s Mitchell says:

Hey wayne, you tha man ain’t no question about that, I bet ur feeling those jail bird blues right now lol been there, ain’t nothing to brag about, even though the hopeless still do. I hope u get out with a new out look on life, maybe inject some of your new found knowledge and reasoning on the masses in a beat driven way, I respect u wayne and the mind and music that follows ur footsteps but as i look at tha world pushing it self in 2 violence and fear for pointless reasons, i grit my teeth knowing that i have 2 survive with some of these misguided people and over come those who focus there unstable minds in my direction. I have recently lost some people very close 2 me 2 drugs and gang violence and its funny how i saw my loved ones progress from loving, morally just people 2 a life of shooting up drugs, joining a local gangs, and pushing away everyone who cares and supports them. while i’ll admit that i stood in tha same situation their in, but i over came my failures and now strive 2 stop others from making those mistakes and i hope these people i lost 2 an unkind world come back and have learned something from it, i feel that there 2 far gone 2 be helped now, they don’t make sense when u talk sense and don’t care about tha people that gave them everything and raised them. These lost people are my girlfriend Paris n Nichols, my 2 cousins John a massy and Steven f cole, and also my cousin heath s cole who was killed in a turf war with a rival gang. wat i guess im trying 2 say is maybe this sentence will influence u 2 inspire the masses 2 be more than a common thug but 2 do something that everyone can admire. well wayne i went on and on i know lol but i got much love for you and i want u 2 know i use ur music as motivation 2 get through this harsh world. peace wayne-til next time

29. Raven Butler says:

Hey Wayne
    Can’t believe you still gone wish I can do some of that time for you.The VMA’S is on their is no VMA award without Wayne.
    But Nicki and Drake are killin’ it . You should be very proud. Love you and can’t wait for you to return.

30. Raven Butler says:

Hey Wayne

31. Alicia Lori Gatica says:

Fat Joe “Crack” also took the trip to Rikers to visit his frequent collaborator in July. “He’s in great spirits,” Joe told MTV. “I love Lil Wayne; that’s like my little brother. He’s just the coolest dude on Earth. I tell you one thing, him not being high made me realize how much funnier he is. This guy has jokes. We were up in there for four hours, just telling jokes, dying laughing, falling on the floor.” See what I mean

32. Felix says:

Weezy man you do it all bro. First your an amazing lyricst and on top of that your an even better rapper! Then come on this article sounds like youve been an NBA analyist for years, wow i mean just like bron said in your kobe bryant song. ” i mean he is amazing! im just lost for words.” thats how i see you as and how i will die and remember you as, this comes straight from my heart man. One other thing that i wanted to comment on is that Boston aint the place of bad knees! they are gunna go for it once again and they will beat the lakers this year!!!!!!!!!!!! i live in chi-town and i do love my bulls but i just have mor compassion for the celtics, they have more than you could ever ask for. Their team chemistry is like none other. I will never stop liking them man, period. but it will definatly be interesting to see what happens this season….cant wait, can you email me please perez.gto16@yahoo.com thanks weezy.. love u bro stay strong and right above it!!! ps. love that track, holla at Drizzy for me too!! bye.

33. emily says:

aye, u got mad skill. FREE WEEZY! 49 days babe u got this!

34. maria topczij says:

I did 5 years in Florida State Prison. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I did it to myself. I spent every god forsaken day with my mind on the outside, but body in prison, in short I did hard time. Advice I can give you is stay focused on what happening on the inside. When you are released you will see nothing has changed and life still go s on. We all love you. You are 1 out of 1 billion born. Special!!!! Stay strong….

35. Shadlene & Andi says:

WE ARE WEEZYS BIGGEST FANS.
    p.s. young money concert in Houston TX!

36. ani omanidze says:

Tell me, please lil wayne’s e-mail

37. B EaZy says:

What’s poppin Weezy F!!!!
    You prolly don’t but the name is Brandon n I’m 20 y/o,friends call me B Eazy or Eazy for short.I’m hittin you up to let you know the streets love and miss you… I hope everything is everything in there.I been locked up before n it’s not what it is.My cell was cold,my bed was hard steel no mattress,a thousand names carved in it so I decided to carve mines.the food was disgusting but I really couldn’t complain…but on a lighter note we are still here for you.I hope you bome home a new weezy, alot of niggas out here puttin out garbage like it’s hot n we miss the real music you bless us with…my fav album of yours is the carter II.I still bang dat till this day! I also like the Carter III and all of the Dedication Mixtapes I love Drop the world music video…powerful!I got drake album,I give it 5 stars and can’t wait till Nicki minaj drop Pink Friday (November 23) I watched you evolve into a powerful and versatile artist and entrpenuer.you are an inspiration to the world and you are also my role model.I would like to be as successful as you are one day.you are truley a star n i guess that’s y I look up to you.i want to thank you for being you n can’t wait till you get home,keep ya head up…you are a very strong individual so you can do that time on ya hands.I will keep in touch n let you know what’s goin on out here.until next time,FREE WEEZY!!! YM CMB

38. Kevin Maloney says:

Lil Wayne keep doing your thing, love the music especially All Above It and your other songs on ur mixtape, Purple Drink, wish I can get some of that. I think itll make my throat a little smoother and my raps just louder. Let me know about it and being my hookup wit it, lol. Still been having fun rappin and spitten to ur beats, but not the same as when I really flow my own raps/and slang. Like how your doing your thing in jail and still keeping the swagger. If you saw how I did it up for the women that were Shoppin’ Rite, u’d see how I be baggin them all, making those bags tight and cleaning their pipes, getting them ready to go on any exotic flight.
    Kevin Maloney, been staying wild since I’ve been hearing that free style

39. Kevin Maloney says:

Happy early Birthday, Live it up best way you can, but watch out a lil bit cause u never know when those pigs will steal ur pants, if you know wat i mean, dont wanna stay there any longer then u got to.
    Do it up

Kevin Maloney

40. Arielle Moore ♥. says:

Nite D’Wayne Michale Carter I Love You <3 Ill Be Back On Tomorrow Happeiyy Early Birthday :D Hahaha IlOveyOu :]
    -Free Weezy Mayne
    –Love Arielle A Moore
    ♥.

41. Danny Argentati says:

As a chicago-native, I’m glad to see what you think about the bulls. I agree that they should be a threat this year. There is also word in the papers that Melo is going to the Bulls, but it’s not official yet. Your analysis of all these teams, players & matchups (past, present & future) really showed me that you know what you’re talking about. Can’t wait until you get out, a little less then 35 days now. Hope to see you in concert in Chicago soon.

Stay strong, and keep God close to your heart. You’re in my prayers.

Sincerely,
    A Fan Until Death

42. Lorenzo Flynn says:

What’s going on Weezy. 1st off, you made me. (No Homo) You affect every part of my life in every way; Style, attitude, deepness, intelligence.. it’s crazy. But yeah, i’m Lorenzo Flynn 17 years young and rapping, drawing, but going to college (Hopefully to UofL) if I can afford it.. But o’m attempting to major in writing. If you need young raw talent on your level, holla at me. Stay blessed, can’t wait for your relaease, “I’m Not a Human Being,” was CRAZY!! go Lakers– 3 Peat Baby!! Sincerely your Protege

43. FLYKIDDJR says:

WHATS GOOD WEEZY……..!THIS FLYKIDDJR AMA YOUNG KIDD THAT RAP’S AM 18 I BEEN RAPING SINCE I WAS 7 YEARS OLD I HAD A DEAL BUT THEY NEVER LET ME SIGN THE PAPERS..SO I WAS LIKE FUCK IT AMA JUST BE A UNDER GOUND RAPPER..I WANNA KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO GET MY FEET IN THE RAP GAME IN I ALWAYS DREAMED THAT I RAPED WITH YOU.SO WHEN YOU JUMP HIT ME UP ON FACEBOOK.FLYKIDDBRUNSON OR MYSPACE.COM/POPPY4SHOW IN YOU CAN LISTEN TO MY HIT ON MY FACEBOOK IN MY VIDEOS

44. Adam L. says:

Hello. weezy. i am indian boy living in the dark world of america. india RULES! <333

45. Melena says:

Free weezy as wee all say and mean. I know your days are hard but, you do it for the best just keep believing and as i will do the same i miss you.

love,
    Melena.

46. crunchy f baby says:

Weezy F Baby as I write this I know you should be surrounded by your family with lots of love to go around…a luxury I can not afford these days so please just remember to always count your blessing and keep delivering that inspirational music that some of us live vicariously through in our own times of hardship.

47. Tokin says:

WEEZY IS FREE MY NIGGA LETS GET MORE BLUNTS N MORE BITCHES BRO

48. James says:

hey weezy glad to hear u out of jail I like ur response on wade, bosh n lebron even tho i think ur a lakers fan the nba is gonna b crazy east is more stacked then the west by far but o well well keep up wit ur music man its some good shit

49. mark says: