Letter #10: The End of a Long Journey

Hello world! My world! Our world!

As I greet you all in my last days on this island, I must reflect. I think back to when I first arrived and I had no clue of what I’d be experiencing. I was never scared, worried, nor bothered by the situation. For that, I thank God, my family, and you, my amazing fans. I prayed for you all every night, as I’m aware that I was in your prayers as well. The very first day that I received mail, it was about 300 pieces or more! I smiled like a child of Christmas. But when I began to read them, my heart smiled. I laughed with some of you, reasoned with some of you, and even cried with some of you. I responded to as many of you that time would allow. I plan to keep reading and responding after my release. I thank you all for being so very supportive, as I never imagined how much impact my words and life can have. With this knowledge, I vow to continue to be me! For you have assured time that I don’t have to change for no one but God. I will be the same Martian I was when I left, just better. You fans are more than amazing, and I will for to the end of the world for your love. This isn’t the last of weezythanxyou.com I will continue to thank you when I’m home.

I simple LOVE you all.

P.S. Thanx for supporting my YM team the way you do!!

Now I like to thank my wonderful family and friends for never letting me down. Your love and support is worth the world. I am grateful for you all and I couldn’t have done it without your love. Also, I thank everyone who came to visit me. That shit meant a lot, straight up! I would do the same, if not more for you.

Now I must dedicated something to the woman in the picture…

…sitting on this bed with my back against one of the four walls I’ve been confined to, all I can think of is you. Staring at you staring at me, from the picture of you that I see. I try so hard to make the picture smile. You look so serious. Seriously beautiful. You, me, we are one. Then I look further to the right and there’s a picture of “the bed by the water”… where I dream to be with the woman in the picture that still won’t smile. I sometimes talk to the picture, but it never responds. Although, I’ve been told that a picture speaks a thousands words, I only wish that this picture would speak of four… “I love you too.” That would be the perfect response to what I frequently say to it. You see, the picture of “the bed by the water” has sand in it, and the woman in the other picture has sand in her hair… put them together, and she’s there. And when I dream, I’m there with her. Shhh… quietly these four walls become that place in the picture. And the woman in the picture begins to whisper… “I love you too”… she responds!

And now she smiles. Imagination is perfect.

Dedicated to the woman in the picture.

Gone!

987 Comments to “Letter #10: The End of a Long Journey”

1. robert h. says:

i cant wait 2 hear the carter IV

2. shane medaris says:

Glad your home and ready to hear you back in any fuckin studio. I know how it feels to go through jail and get out. I’m now labeled a felon and people wonder why we do what we gotta do when pushed in a corner. Glad your back out motivating with words…… email me back and show the love pls……….. glad they Freed Weezy

3. Emily Roll says:

Weezy.

I just want you to know, I smoked the day you got out of jail, with an old friend fredrick as we watched your documentary. I’m so glad you are out, I go to the University of Texas and we aren’t allowed to illegally download, so now I actually support your music by buying it now. By the way, my favorite song of yours is paradice, awesome lyrics. And the song Milli, well i’d substitue the word “milli” for emily (obviously because thats my name). Anyways, hope you are good… My friend Alexandria and I, are hoping you will go on tour soon, I want to get fucking blown and just listen to you go offffffffff. It will be fucking epic– better yet you might just make it the greatest high I’ll ever have, perhaps because you are the greatest.. well you and Kid Cudi can share that title.

P.S
    I just went to the Wiz Khalifa concert here in Austin Halloween weekend, and yeah he threw out bags of weed.
    T.I threw out dollar bills, and if you got one- you went to his mansion and partied.. so please top this.

Keep the faith-
    Emily

4. danielle t. says:

Weezy,

I think your an extremely talented person, you lyrics are amazing. Soooo glad your back.

-Danielle T.

5. Nise Garrett says:

…Hey wayne…so glad ur out! Omgg soo much has been goin on….I need u to hit me on my gmail…..Miss.flawless90@gmail.com..much love byee now

6. jerm says:

Weezy,
    I missed your music soo much that when I got I am not a human being iit felt like it was the first time I heard your music all over again. And to celebrate you getting out, I’m dropping my fourth mixtape and its gonna be all beats that you’ve killed and I’m gonna put my own 16 in on each of them. Hope you’ll wanna check it out.

-jerm

7. Kema White says:

How does it feel to wake up knowing , that anything you wont ;you can get?
    Do you know for sure , that if God were to come today or tomorrow ;that you would make it in the Gates of Heaven?
    Why do you rap?
    What are your long term goals?
    Wheres some places you havent you been .. [States, Countries]?
    When do you have time for yourself?
    What positive advice would you tell to a 19 year old female thats striving for perfection?

8. yakira says:

man i sware you’re like the best rapper to me. when i listen to your songs i pay attention to the lyrics and sometimes i get attached. its like that song was made just for me. ill be at the top with you one day though..i still have time. keep ya head up kirakenn@gmail.com

9. Snowdown says:

Hey wizzy thank God u are fuking out,I always pray for u, now ur out Am hoping to get u back on stage.I wanna hear u’r song again.Feature Akon,I always like two of u.Love u.Comment me pls.Is ur boy snowdown.

10. Brittany says:

Im sooo glad ur out!! the new song ‘i am not a human being’ is GREAT!!! cant wait to hear more!

11. Ryan S says:

So happy that you got out, you are an ispiration to me and my life in general. Times when i feel down all I gotta do is listen to your music and I feel ontop of the world.
    you’re a legend man, hit me back please
    Your #1 fan from across the pond.

12. Anna Liceaga says:

HEYY WEEZYY!
    Man i waz tooo happy you waz free! FINALLY! That’s whats up! I hope you doingg good =) Glad you stayed strong in a place where its neva easy. I love your new album, az i do all of them. You the best. You should come perform in Michigan close to Holland, Cuz i would die to see you in Concert! Love youuu Weezy F. Babyy

13. Benny says:

Weezy, It is so great to have you back. Your fans love you to death including me. I told you this before, but its the truth… YOU ARE THE BEST RAPPER EVER!!!!! You would not believe how many people i got not to like but to love you weezy. You have an amazing support society. You know what Government should do, they should make a state called Weezy. In your heart , you should know that not just rap, but music is in you heart. thats why you say you are music. God is leading you to bigger and better things. He put you in and got you out of jail for a reason. stay hot boy. YMCMB.

14. Laurie G. Flores says:

I FREAKIN LoVE you LIL WaYNe! <3

15. Danny says:

Man ur hard ur lyrics are amazing cant wait 4 the new album but really want u to work more with eminem cos drop the world no love are my favorite songs

16. Alex mbarane says:

”Weezy f baby ” the best rapper alive uncaged, welcome weezy 4 a thousend times, the im not a human being is over greate!!

17. Nicole Giana says:

pleaseeee make that into a song! :)

18. Terry says:

‘sup weezy…aw ya doin.
    Man,u’ve kept us all waiting,lets feel da vibez.
    Stay cute man! One honour……lv ya

19. Terry says:

no i cant dance,but i can dance on ya…..i transform her to a duccati,then i transform me to a buggati….. Weezy’s da man……weezy Rock

20. Soooo glad u’re out. Luv everything ’bout u n i knw ya parent must be terrorists ‘cos u’re DA BOMB!!!

21. Jonie says:

Whtzp weezý? Luv yua style n dnks ur out. So wens u visiting Africa? Nairobi, kenya particularly? Cme n see sme of your crazy fans. Luv ya!

22. finaly free my nig…birdman junior..weezy f…please say the f baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YM

23. pineapple says:

thats was nice whn r u cumin 2 the atl cant wait 2 c u

24. Tracy says:

i was clicking on sites and saw this and read…i really liked what you had to say. idk what to say that you havent heard before but ur songs are ahmazing :) especially drop the world! and ur new one!!!!! best thing ever! my brothers and I, love you…were always checking what new songs come out and tell ppl. i love how ur always coming out with new things and not using what others have done…also, that wld so awesome if you came to Omaha, NE! haha its kinda a small city but you cld have ur concert at the Quest :) but if u don’t i wont be mad or anything…Good Luck with everything and hope to hear more :)

25. Ashley says:

Weezy I have HONESTLY had the worst WEEK of my life and the only thing I have honestly smiled about and was totally Excited about was *YOU* getting out! I LOVE YOU WEEZY!! * Hustler Muzik & Lalala Is Just my Favorite songs of yours out of a milli! I LOVE YOU WAYNE =]]] ALWAYS Your SUNSHINE

26. Ashley says:

Btw your Dedication reminded me of a dream I had not that long ago… I was telling one of my frinds about it and when I asked her what I told her *bc I forgot* she forgot…. So I never got to look my dream up that day! Just thought It was auqward you helped me remember it=]]] Thanks BABY ONE LOVE

SUNSHINE

27. connie says:

That was wonderful,I love you and I’m so glad ur finally free. :) I wish I was the girl in that picture u say u I love you too! lol much love ad respect. Yours truely connie peevy

28. Blizzy Blessed says:

Look me up.!!!!!!!!
    Wayne’s back goin harder than ever!!
    Can’t wait ta see what’s in store now that
    You’re back.!!!!
    Signed, [+]Blizzy Blessed[+]

29. tashyra says:

OMGHEE IM SO GLAD YOUR OUT I COUNTED DOWN WEN YOU FIRST ARRIVED IN THAT HELL HOLE….WAYNE II LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I CAN’T WAIT TAH SEE WHAT SONGS YOU HAVE NXT…..ILU SO MUCH

30. ray b says:

Weeeezy ya heard me glad u back man pray u never go back and u stay and murder this rap game east till the fullest ya heard all love

31. Darrian says:

im so glad that you are finally off of riker’s island and getting back to the studio. what you do is so amazing and i hope you never stop. i find it very amazing that growing up in a neighborhood filled with crime and poverty like hollygrove that you focused on your future as a young rapper coming into the game. most people would not be able to do that and im glad that you did because if you didnt rap i dont know what i would do. i suppose i would listen to eminem, kanye, ti, or rick ross (which i already listen to all of them) but it wouldn’t be the same as listening to you, the greatest rapper alive since the greatest rapper retired. we all love you weezy f baby and please keep up the hard work. thank you for everything you do for us fans and i appreciate everything. your fan, darrian. if you ever get time to read this in your very rare extra time please email me back with what you think.

32. Michael Dello Russo says:

weezy i wrote you because i love you and your music but u dident write me back :(

33. Nicole says:

if anyone wants to text some…special pix ;) hmu at 1-203-912-4420 i like hot guys and no creeps please!

34. kozman says:

Yo man, I hope u no that ur on top of the scale for rap and im most peoples hearts. Your greatly loved… im glad u had the stregnth to break through the minor setback of going to prison. And im glad your free! But do me a favor. Show that love ur always talking about to ur fans and leave me a response. Is really like to no what u think about all the shit going down rughr now. Thanks, u the best!!!

35. Darrian says:

im so glad you are off of riker’s island and returning to the studio. i think its so amazing what you do everyday for us fans. i also think its very amazing that you took the negative situation of living in hollygrove with all of the crime and poverty and turned it into a very positive and successful music based career. i want to thank you for that because if you didnt rap i dont know what i would do. i suppose i would listen to eminem, kanye west, ti, and rick ross (which i already listen to all of them) but it wouldn’t be the same as listening to you, the greatest rapper alive since the greatest rapper retired. i listen to your music almost non stop, and i thank you for not giving up in the beginning while calling birdman to get signed and i thank birdman for giving an eleven year old kid a shot because you might not have known it back then but right there you created what would grow to be the best in the industry at the hip/hop and rap genres. i thank young money/cash money records for all of the music you have produced over the years. we all love you weezy f baby and please keep up all of your hard work. if you ever get the chance to read this in your very rare spare time please reply and tell me what you think.

36. Darrian says:

oh and sorry that the second one was almost the same as the first one. i didnt think the first one posted because my phones internet sucks lol :)

37. Dan says:

I love a good publicity stunt.

38. Jody says:

Weezy F. My Main Nigga!!!
    glad you back homeboy, knew those suckers couldn’t be in your hair for too long(po-Lice),yo my nigga keep donig what you do,really an inspiration to me and my production team in S.Africa… hope one day i get to meet you and maybe kick a few witchu!!! till then i’ll keep listening…

39. Jody says:

oh yeah! and ayo weezy… just thought i’d kick a lil sum for you… My own P*ssy, Money, Weed

oh yes, i love her like a bag of sticky green but i love that better, cause a b*tch come and go but the weed stay forever/ never ever shall i let the blunt go, no matter the weather/ come rain or shine?come yours or mine/ but you come first i take quite sometime :) Holla at your boy!

40. joey furst says:

yo weezy glad you are finally out i was in 3 upper with you for 2 months im getting huge best to you and yours joey the big white boy if you need help my facebook is joe furst enjoy your freedom brother man

41. cincinnati boy says:

glad u home 5…. now lets get it tunechi!!!!!!

42. ang says:

weezy fuckin baybay!
    im astonished at how well u held your composure while being in that hell hole. u kept ya head up like the champ we all know u are, also, the letters and the love u sent out to ya fans were and still are amazing! u are a truly amazing and talented man and i wish u the best. i blew it down for ya when u came home and i had my cup “dont worry bout whats in my cup…its MY cup” lmao get ya ass back in the studio and give us some more fire im waiting & i know im not the only one who is! keep bein the martian we all know & love and do what u do best but most of all STAY THE FUCK HOME NIGGA! keep ya head up and keep giving us hope love and wisdom in that fire we call music! much love, a.boogie

43. kay-michele says:

im glad wayne is out. time for more music….

44. Lucia Vidaurre says:

Weezy! i’m happy for you… i been waiting this moment for a lot of month!!! Chile is happy for you! I love you !!!! kissses from your chilean fan!

45. Natalee allred says:

i absolutely love you weezy!! I know ive already wrote you while u were in && sent you a picture…but i have to just tell you ONE MORE TIME how much i love you && your music! you are the reason why i love hip hop! well besides nicki minaj of course, But again i love you and thanks for caring so much about all us fans!!

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY FREEING WEEZY!!

46. JayBass says:

hey bruh, glad you’re out man, you be the best livin rapper out there, next to Tupac, just wonderin bruh, is this illuminati shit real?? F*** that if it is,

anyway you’re the man, keep at it man,

47. Brenda says:

Thank god your out!!!!
    We love you :-)

48. lady jeanice says:

to my wonderful favorite rapper, like many wuld agree that u are theirs too. Mr. Dwayne, I love the person u are, not many think ur that intelligent but dam, look at all that vocabulary! lol but anyway, leave the hatred keep on hatin ;) ;; I’m soooo excited ur back! I missed u when u were gone, listened to u from the day u went in during march, till today && always. dnt ever forget bout love, it’s powerful;; a good thing to hold on to, even as u go to mars, Jupiter, Pluto, && beyond lol u kno wat I’m talkin bout, but thank you for putting an impact on us && myself. keep it up babyyy! I love you! && I cannot wait til u get another concert around my way in lil south jersey, lol. welcome back hunny !!!

49. ppone says:

Hi mr Carter i m a frenchbeatmaker and i want work for you i m a cmb soldiers 4 life in my mind hodaisu@gmail.com peace godbless cmb