Blog #6: Rolling Stone Magazine Cover

Hello World! I’m on my third Rolling Stone cover. The magazine hits newsstands January 21st! Here are some excerpts:

On Gambling For Commisary:

“I’d bust a nigga’s ass at Uno,” he told writer Josh Eells. “We gamble for phone time. I’d take nigga’s commissary: Lemme get them cookies, lemme get them chips, get that soup.”

On LeBron James and Dwayne Wade

When Wayne sat court-side at a recent Miami Heat/New Orleans Hornets game he was upset that Lebron James and Dwayne Wade never came over to talk to him. “Them niggas never speak to a nigga,” he says. “They don’t chuck me the deuce or nothing. Nigga spent all that money on them fucking tickets… Come holla at me. We sit right by them little bitch-ass niggas. At least come ask me why I’m not rooting for you.”

On Solitary Confidment

He spent his final month in jail in solitary after he was caught with an iPod charger in his cell. It could have been worse: He also had a watch with an MP3 player on it, but another inmate took the rap. “He was a solid nigga,” says Wayne. “Shout-out to Charles…Solitary was the worst. No TV. No radio. No commissary. Basically you’re in there 23 hours a day.” The only upside was he had a window where he could watch cars go by. “I used to sit at that motherfucker all day,” he says.

New Reading Material

In prison he read biographies of Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Marvin Gaye, Joan Jett, Vince Lombardi and Anthony Kiedis. “[Kiedis'] Scar Tissue was really good,” he says. “I also read the Bible for the first time. It was deep! I liked the parts where some character was once this, but he ended up being that. Like he’d be dissing Jesus, and then he ends up being a saint. That was cool.”

51 Comments to “Blog #6: Rolling Stone Magazine Cover”

1. nightkid says:

The besto of the world rappers my fab :D

2. Oana P. says:

Hello my idol!Just want to tell you that you have a gorgeous body,beautiful smile,a lovely and special heart,and a great spirit and soul.COOL cover man!your biggest fan from Romania tells that to you…you are my words,my half of my heart,you live in my heart and my thoughts day by day’keep burning in my mind,your eternity flame is shinning in my heart’forever my friend,and my idol…LOVE YOU!dont forget us,cuz we will never forget you!LOOOVVEE YOOU…!

3. FRANKIEHAIKES says:

Congrat’s Tunechi ! Only more success from here.

4. MG.F.BABY says:

Lmao sick dissin jesus

5. YoungTunafish says:

Ra Ra, Like A Dungeon Dragon
    Fioe Gras, I Hear You Ducks Is Quackin
    Im Just Pluckin My Ashes! Ima Puff It And Pass It! Im A Fuckin Assassin! You Should Jump In A Casket!!!!!

6. YoungTunafish says:

Buying this on Friday.

Weezy Baby, The God, Amen!

7. sandy says:

For school I have to make a presentation. I’d like to make this presentation about hip hop, so I would like to make an interview with the biggest hip hop star in the world. And this is you! If that is ok for you, please write me: sandra.banz@bluewin.ch

8. Ronie polska says:

I just fuckin need dat

9. Luke says:

WEEZY F BAYBYYYYYYYYY!!!

Check out http://www.youtube.com/aronthealien

10. Adelina EU says:

Smile. Laugh. Think. Cry.
    Thank you, Wayne. Love, Adelina

11. Misheale D says:

Your Facial Expression is Priceless lol…

12. Misheale D says:

Your Body is to Die for…

13. Misheale D says:

Your Hair Is Beautiful theirs power in Dreds The longer they are the more power you attain…

14. Celeste says:

I Love You Weezy!!

15. Thuy-Dung Thalimee Nguyen says:

WOOW, congratulation Wayne. This is so amazing, hope they sell it here, wanna buy it.
    I like to watch one after another of your tattoos, they’re cool & beautiful. I like the 3 red stars bcoz i have the same in smaller (my personaly Weezy’s fansign). You’re unique like you on your own way and I like it same as I like you.

Hope you will come soon here in Switzerland boy, you have to catches up the concert for ”Frauenfeld-Zuerich”’ that was canceled 2 years ago. But I never got answers so I just can hope and hope and hope and hope!

Take care of you, YOU’RE PRECIOUS WAYNE! Best rapper alive.
    God Bless
    -TD Thalimee

PS: for the contest, you made a good choice, the girls deserves..they made a good job. Thanx Tunechi for being you.

16. Best believe that will be in my hands on Friday!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Weezy! YMCMB for life. :D

17. Kristy says:

Scar Tissue IS AMAZING!!!!!!
    lol you are so funny weezyyyyyy!
    I love you. God Bless<3

18. Rodah says:

Yessssssssss!!!! I will definitely be picking up this mag on Friday. I love you Wayne….ALL WAYNE EVERYTHING ;)

19. Rodah says:

Oh yeah…FUCK THE HEAT hahaha KOBE BRYANT all day errday!!! *plays Kobe Bryant by Weezy on ipod* :)

20. Papa is a rolling stone…..TUNECHI….mad props

21. Mr. Carter

Another mag wow…. Can’t wait…. still looking at hip hop weekly with Young Money…..!!! How are you Mr. Carter….. I’m thinking bout taking culinary arts… Just made this mean as chix parm!!….. Lol…. Any who… All smiles no frowns…. God is Good…. Love yah!!!

22. Cindy _S_Castillo says:

you look handsome baby. ima go pick it up friday.

23. -Mizz.Carter23 says:

Yea Man Weezys Bakc Shit We Missed You Like Crazy Weezy Your My Smile Nd If Demm Other Hoes Jealous Lett Em’ Be But Dem Should Juss Let You Be Cuhz Dey Juss Humans But Your Weezy.!
    Weezy.Baby Nd By Da Way You Lookin Fine Like Always

24. johnny says:

hey dude i just thought i should say i thank you with everything i got when i was at camp i was beat on im not a wimp or nerd but i was just treated like crap sometimes the kids would open shampoo bottles on my bed so that i would have to remake mt whole bed the only thing that kept me functioning was you ya i may not be your #1 fan even if i like to be your my favorite artist i just thought i had to say thank you its what you deserve

25. Misheale D says:

any one starts looking good? DAMN!!! “Nique don’t take it personal you know your a goddess”..talking to myself because I am my own consultant…SMFH!

26. Casey says:

just got the magazine and read about this site you made thats some real cool shit its cool reading about you and hearing what yu are really like best wishes

27. HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!….-)

28. Misheale D says:

R those leather pants??

29. MELISSA T. says:

I take a look at ur pictures and Im reminded on how thinkn’ of u each day provides its own special gifts. And yes Wayne, u r the most special gift of all. Over the last yeah u have been the centerpiece of my existence. I think back to the moment when i decided to swallow my fears of being ridicule and write u offering my unorthodox friendship. Not knowing whether ull accepts my friendship or not. I took a chance of being ridicule by u or being ignored. And now i thanx u from the bottom of my heart for having the courage to give our friendship chance to grow. For breathing ur aura, ur essence into this friendship of ours. U made me the happiest women in world when u wrote back. I know til this day ur’re wondering how did i began there apparent feelings for u. The only way i can answer that is ro let u know that time came and showed me ur direction. The friendship and the attention u give to me is refreshing. Fresh as a summer breeze. Wayne u are a very thoughtful person. I never met no man as considerate as u.-and i never will. Lov Always and most importantly-stay perfect!

30. Gosiak says:

sorry Lil’u my beatiful Lil’u ,piekny Liluuu
    poland sucks.
    Lil’u mówi do ciebie najebana w chuj dagmara która siedzi obok twojej żony (your wife) , polish vodka mnie upiła, polish vodka jest bad, a najgorsza jest vodka -zubr, jak przyjedziesz zagrać prywatny koncert na 18 urodzinach twojej żony NIE PIJ WÓDKI ŻUBR . Jak to policeman przeszukuję mnie, przecież mam prawo nosić to co chcę.
    To nie była żadna aluzja do tego, że byłeś w więzieniu za to , że po prostu nosiłeś sobie co chciałeś.
    nasze zdjęcie ! it is our photograph : http://tinypic.pl/ciqme6eczh1k
    left -gosia your wife, best fun in Poland, fucking crazy psych-fan.
    right – dagmara : >

we are crazy chick ! we love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

love love love *heart*

31. Amanda says:

Man he is so deep love ur! He keeps it real! Love him! Btw sexy ass pics!

32. chesaree' says:

OMG!!! Was in BARNES & NOBLES (MY MOST FAVORITE RETREAT IN THE WRLD) WHEN I CAME ACROSS THE ROLLIG STONE MAG AND BEING THAT I COMPLETLY ADORE U I JUST HAD TO GET. FEELING ALWAYS THAT IN SOME WAYS I’M A LOT LIKE U ( I UNDERSTAND U…I TOO AM A LIBRA, WE’RE A SPECIES ALL OUR OWN) AFTER READING UR PIECE IT JUST MAKES ME SO PROUD OF YOU TOOOO I’M FROM N.O & U REPERSENT US WELL. BEING IN LOVE WITH U FOR ME HAS NUTHING TO DO WITH UR OUTER APPEARANCE (ALTHOUGH IT HELPS LOL) IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH UR BRILLANCE I LOVE RAP BUT IF UR NOT SAYING NUTHIN I CAN’T LISTEN TO U. YES U ARE A LYRICAL GENIUS.. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THAT RULE IS IF THE RAPPER IS NOT LYRICAL BUT I KNOE HE COME FROM A GRIMMY PLC LIKE WHERE I’M FROM & CAME UP… IMA SUPPORT…. OH & ANYBDY THAT DNT RCK WITH U I DNT RCK WITH THEM SO DUECES. D.WADE AND LEBRON….EARLY! P.S. KINDA DIAPPOINTED ABOUT THE BRUNETTE(stephanie)Notice the lower case… BUT I UNDERSTANT THAT TOO… SHE CAN RIDE U …..I WANNA RIDE UR BRAIN

33. Gabrielle says:

I think u look great on the ROLLING STONE cover.I also set ur cover pic as my wallpaper.Seriously,ur like the perfect guy ever,I would love to meet u,I’ve seen u in concert;it was awesome,I just have one question…Would u come to San Diego,please…
    always,
    Tyre H.

34. Martine says:

Man, you are amazing! I just read the piece about you in Rolling Stone and i loved it! And the pictures are so great,haha your body is a piece of art, i love all your tattoos. I’m so happy you’re out again, and i’m happy you stayed strong.

I love you man! :)
    -Martine

35. Gracie Summer Nicole says:

yeaaaah, weezy. ♥
    lucky guy, living the dream.
    it always fills me with confidence.

36. eshari says:

lol y yuu lukiin so mean ???? nd dey need ta hurry nd make dhee baq w/ diis piic own em bkux igot awl of em !! nd <3 dhee bodii

37. Katt DeVido says:

man…i had this all planned out. i was gonna leave you this awesome message full of inspiration for you to latch onto, and now, i can’t even think. just read your article in Rolling Stones and being a fan i just gotta say you killed that shit. anyway, keep doin whatchu doin. you got a lotta love out there for you. who knows maybe one day i’ll be a Featured artist on one of your tracks, chillin playin UNO on our birthday. ha, i like what you said about the Bible too…made me laugh. keep it breezy. love ya weezy!!!!!!
    more forever
    katt de Vido

38. BeckyBunii says:

mmm Weezyy doinn it daww <3

39. DeAnna says:

I jux got thru readn det magazine…!…

40. Gia says:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

41. lina says:

WEEEEEEZY!
    good job <3
    I'm really proud of u. and what is really important- YOU LOOK HOTTTT on the cover <3

42. Daddy NiQ says:

Damn you look magically delicious!

43. Jordan H says:

I have 2 copies of tht. Love the whole deal except being in prison.. I have an idea. Short version, u really need to make a movie/documetry on how u got to where u r, building of YM, getting signed at the age of 11, and so on. It would be great for the fans. I got ideas for it. Keep it up! Ur the truth!

44. Jordan H says:

I would really like to meet u too. Some people get good things that happen to them. I’m not one of them. If I could ever meet u or get like an interview that would be great! YMCMB! For contact info j.herron95@gmail.com

45. sam says:

you r amazing!! my favorite part of the artical was when you said u just dont fuck a chick you make love to her and look into her eyes!!! thats awsome!! i would love it if you would contact me back i am a huge fan got posters of you all over my room even though i know it makes my boufriend jelous got one of you hangin on almost every wall and i love it!! i would really love to get into modeling so if by any chance you got any goog sugestions let me know!!! punkemobaby@yahoo.com
    love everything about you!!!!!!

46. britt says:

Hello world,
    click this link and vote for video G and click allow both times and send my friends and I to see Wayne in Miami !!

Thank You !!!

47. devyn says:

he is sooooooooooooo hot

48. margarita rubio says:

YOU ARE THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE I LOVE YOU FULLY FROM HEAD TO TOE NO ONE BETTER THAN YOU I LOVEE UU SOOOOOOOO MUCH WEEZY F. BABY FOREVER YOUR #1 FAN ALWAYS AND FOREVER YOUR MY HEROE!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Julia Ann Mills says:

oofft.. sexy beast! :o ;D
    lovee yaa weezy.. <3

50. Linette says:

I read a lot of interesting content here.
    Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save
    you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates high quality, SEO friendly posts in minutes, just type in google –
    rewriter creates an unique article in a minute